Step by step procedure for LCA
The there are 4 main steps in LCA, as depicted in Fig. 5.1b. Since the first step is extremely important for a sound LCA, we distinguish here a phase A, the Goal, and a phase B, the Scope:
Step 1A Establish Goal of your analysis
- Is it a comparison of two products?
- Is it an attempt to improve the environmental characteristics of a typical design?
- less, or less harmful, materials?
- less energy in the use phase?
- less transport?
- better recycling or better incineration of waste for electricity?
- Cradle to Cradle solution?
- better durability?